Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Letting Go



Just let it go art print , HoneyBoo

Ok, confession time. I am not good at letting go.

If I feel like I haven't done something perfectly, or worse, if I feel like I have failed at something, I can't seem to tell myself, "oh well, better luck next time". Instead, I sit and stew and brood or abandon an idea althogether.

Take this blog for example. I love to post here, and when I started my "new things" project, I was even more excited. I loved the chalenge of pushing myself out of my comfort zone and doing something new. But as soon as I started messing up, missing a day here and there, or hitting an obstacle (like not being perfect at something I tried), I stopped.

I don't know why I'm like this. I think part of it is personality: I'm stubborn, I'm a perfectionist, I work hard because I don't know any other way, I expect a lot from myself. So why, I have been asking myself, do I beat myself up about it? I like these qualities about myself, in fact, I think that all these traits have lead to great success over the years - both personally and professionally.

After months of brooding and contemplation, I think I have found the answer, I need to LET THINGS GO. I need to start now. I need to be able to fail, learn from it, and move on.

So, I think I'm ready to continue with my New Things Porject today. My new thing, beginning to LET GO, forgive myself and see what is really important in life.



Just Let It Go by Jessica Simanowski

1 comment:

Linda Onita Hardin-Atkins said...

www.strategicpublishinggroup.com
ISBN: 978-1-60911-248-6
Press Release: April 19,2010

There is tremendous power in letting-go because one discovers more about himself from within

Thanks!