Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Booster Juice



I usually post a more ambitious recipe, but I have been sick with a virus all week and thought I would post about the one thing that is picking me up a little: booster juice!

My husband is actually responsible for this one, he modified a smoothy recipe as 3 out of the 4 of us are lactose intolerant. We make this frequently when were feeling down or sick as it has great anti-oxident properties, but also as a regular treat for the kids.




Ingredients:
3/4 cup Orange Juice
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 bananna

Just blend items in blender (I use the hand held emulsion kind and it works great).

Optional: To fight off sickness I often add a Tbsp. green energy powder and sneak in some carrot juice when the kids aren't looking.

SECRET TIP: Pour mixture into ice cube traps and add sticks then freeze - makes great homemade popsicles.

No comments: